One individual life may be of priceless value to God's purposes, and yours may be that life.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Unlit Candles: Part 3

“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”  - Habakkuk 2:14

Lord, what can I do…what can we do to fill the whole earth with the knowledge of your glory? 

He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.  Go!  I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.”  - Luke 10:2-3

May we be faithful to pray for workers to go out and win people for You.  May we be faithful to go when you send us!

“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth is given to me.  Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations.”   - Matthew 28:18-19

Jesus, you are my king.  You have all authority over me.  When you say, “Go” I will obey without question or hesitation.

“The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.  You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as men rejoice when dividing the plunder.”   - Isaiah 9:2-3

Jesus, help us to take your light to dark places.  Break our hearts for the lost.  May we weep over them as you wept over Jerusalem.  Let all the nations of the earth rejoice in the hope and joy you bring. When can the entire table of candles shine brightly for you without any darkness?

1 comment:

  1. I have a blogging question.
    How did you get that video uploaded. My computer won't let me do it with the uploading wizard for blogger.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete